Information and Service System for European Coordinate Reference Systems
This Information and Service System for European Coordinate Reference Systems was established to support the users of spatial information in Europe.
It is a common project of:
EUREF (European Reference Frame) as Sub-Commission of IAGs (International Association of Geodesy) Commission X on Global and Regional Geodetic Networks with the main task to establish and to maintain the European Reference Frames
EuroGeographics as the central-hub for Europes Geographic Information (GI) developments
- a unique and diverse network working of all concerned with European GI, National Mapping and Cadastral Agencies (NMCAs), the European Commission and others
The websites contain information of national European Coordinate Reference Systems and pan-European Coordinate Reference Systems for position and height.
On the sites the following information can be found:
- Description of national Coordinate Reference Systems
- Description of pan-European Coordinate Reference Systems (ETRS89 / EVRF2000 / EVRF2007)
Description of Transformationparameters from national Coordinate Reference Systems to pan-European Coordinate Reference Systems including
- Qualitiy of transformation
- Verification data of transformation
- possibility for online conversion and transformation of single points for test and verification purposes (position)
- Links to the National Mapping Agencies of the European Countries
The Joint Research Centre of the European Commission jointly organized with Eurogeographics and EUREF two Workshops (Spatial Reference Workshop 1999 and the Cartographic Project Workshop 2000 in Marne-la-Vallee). These Workshops laid the foundations for the definition of uniform European coordinate reference systems in position and height for the unique georeferencing of data. The Information System contains the description of national and pan-European Coordinate Reference Systems (CRS) for position and height orientates on the international standard ISO-19111. It contains also the descriptions of transformations of national Coordinate Reference Systems of European countries to pan-European CRS. A service module is enabled for the transformation and conversion of coordinates for test purposes.